MOOSE JAW COURT HOUSE
One of more than 50 Provincial Heritage Properties, the Moose Jaw Court House is the oldest continuouly functioning provincial court building in Saskatchewan. Completed in January of 1909, the new building replaced an earlier wood-frame court house at High Stgreet and 9th Avenue which had been built in 1893. Construction of the new facility launched a provincial program to replace friontier-style Dominion Government court houses with impressive buildings more in keeping with boom-time economic expectations. Built of concrete and steel and faced with hydraulic pressed brick and Bedford stone, the building's stately architecture, sturdy construction, and optimistic size have allowed it to be adapted to modern uses.